Jalepeno Beer Bread
Click the Water Levels link above to see the current dam generation waterflow reports for Bull Shoals and Norfork Lake tailwaters. Remember our water levels change daily and any fluctuations are always first initiated by a loud siren that can sometimes be heard from our Resort river frontage, but down river its tougher to hear. Please be careful and constantly check for rising water levels when your fishing down river of our resort. If you want a hard crust pour butter on top, then cook. Good with all kinds of meals. Guide and owner Ryan McDonald gives this 5 stars!
• 8 inch by 8 inch bread pan
• 2 (bud light beer)
• 3 cups of sifted, self rising flour. Sift your flour or it will be like a brick
• Hair over ¼ cup sugar
• ½ cup melted real butter
• ½ cup jalapeno diced peppers (or more if you like it hot)
How You Do It
• Mix sifted flour and sugar dry
• Pour 1st beer in with dry mix. Then open other beer and drink it.
• Blend with mixer and add peppers
• Melt butter, pour in and mix save a little for the pan
• Preheat oven to 375
• Pour mix into pan, try to get it even in pan
• Cook for 1 hour, drink rest of beer
Beer Batter Fish
• If you plan on cooking a bunch of fish just add to it
• Open 2 bud lights. Drink 1 and pour other into big bowl.
• 4 large eggs into bowl , no shells
• If you are cooking white bass, strippers or any other wang tasting fish mix in 1 cup mustard
• Cut fish into big bite size chunks, roll in batter and then roll or shake in Zatarains cajon fish fry
• Deep fry or frying pan, bout 375 degrees or really hot pan. Fry till the fish float .or golden brown.
Good Cookin, Ryan